History of the rescue part two

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

History of the rescue part two

Post by Glenys »

After my appeal letter people started to joining the bank scheme we viewed many places often pipped at the post by other people we placed an Ad in the farmers guardian
Almost at the point of giving up and always believing in fate what will be will be I received a phone call from my freind Fran who boarded the rescue dogs , Phone this number now!
So I did it was an estate agent my inquiry was about Malt Kiln Farm there was a lot of nail biting we had to have references ,bank, personal we had to set out what we intended to do at this point only I had seen the farm and only from the outside Sam had no idea , we could prove we could manage the rent Sam was still working Mark would be involved to .
The Landlady Kathleen who lives next door had to approve luckily she loved dogs lots of hoops to jump through but one night after a mad dash to take some documents to the agent it was dark I was driving back home to Blackburn I said a prayer please God help us if this doesn’t happen it never will.
When I got home I went to the shop and got some wine my mobile rang and it was Maria the agent Can you move in on the 7th of april ? I can’t tell you how this news made me feel I think I may have screamed not sure but I set off running back to the house and told Sam who was as laid back as ever and we still hadn’t seen inside the house .
Thanks to an Agent and a landlady and our supporters who believed in us we were on our way to the future now the hard work would begin…………

To be continued
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: History of the rescue part two

Post by Lins »

Looking forward to it, even though I know the history I will enjoy reading it all again. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Judith Watson

Post by Judith Watson »

I too am looking forward to reading more about the history of the Rescue. What an amazing number of Labradors you have helped.xx
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

So many dogs you have helped - and people too. Just brilliant! It's lucky there are wonderful people like you and Sam who give up so much to help dogs in need.

Joan xx
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Makes great reading, Glenys. Thank you for everything you have done. Without you, I would not have my wonderful and beautiful baby, Annie.
I am so proud to be associated with LRNW. xxx
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Looking forward to the next episode. :1951: :1951: :lol: :lol:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
SusanKerr
Senior User
Senior User

Post by SusanKerr »

You need to write a book it's great
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

I'm really enjoying reading about the early days of Rescue and your leap of faith to Malt Kiln Farm, thank you.

Glenys you had faith in your ability to change the lives of the Labradors that came into Rescue and the strength and determination to see it happen. Of course these attributes would be nothing without your dedication and your sheer hard work and it's the combination of all these that has resulted in the BEST Rescue I have ever come across. I am proud to be a supporter and very thankful that I was allowed to adopt my special boy, George.
Joan and George x